Nov. 14, 2010
Recap | Final Stats | Photo Gallery
Clemson Team Notes * Clemson scored a touchdown on its opening drive of the game. The Tigers went 82 yards in 12 plays for the score. It was the fifth touchdown of the year on the opening drive for the Tigers.
* Clemson had a 100-yard rusher (Jamie Harper 27-143) and a 100-yard receiver (DeAndre Hopkins 8-106) yet lost the game this evening. Clemson had won 20 consecutive games when it had a 100 yard rusher and 100-yard receiver in the same game. The last loss was in 1985 when Kenny Flowers had 25-101 and Terrence Roulhac had 4-100 receiving in a 21-20 loss to North Carolina on Nov. 9, 1985. So this game was almost played on the 25-year anniversary of that game.
* Florida State won this game on a 55 yard field goal by Dustin Hopkins on the last play of the game. It is the first time Clemson has lost a game in regulation on the last play of the game since November 4, 2006 when Maryland kicker Dan Ennis kicked a 31-yard field goal on the last play to beat Clemson 13-12.
* Six years ago to the day, on November 13, 2004, Clemson lost at Duke by a 16-13 score, same as tonight, on a 53-yard field goal by Matt Brooks on the last play of the game.
Clemson Player Notes * When Da’Quan Bowers had a seven yard sack in the third period he tied one Clemson record and set another. It gave Bowers 13.5 sacks for the year, breaking the school record for sacks in season by a defensive lineman. Gaines Adams had the previous best with 12.5 in 2006. It was also the eighth straight game with a sack for Bowers. That ties the Clemson record of eight, also set by Adams in 2006. Adams actually started his streak at Florida State that year.
* Bowers had two tackles for loss tonight and now has 22 for the season, most by a Clemson player since 2003 when LeRoy Hill had 27.
* Jamie Harper had nine receptions this evening, a school record for a running back. The previous record was seven, set by Dick Bukowsky vs. Florida State in 1970 and by C.J. Spiller against Duke in 2008. Harper also had a career high 143 rushing yards tonight and a career high 197 all-purpose running yards in this evening’s game. All his yards were from scrimmage.
* Roscoe Crosby in 2001. His reception total tonight was a career high for the freshman and just one catch off the Clemson single game record for a freshman. The record is nine in a game by a freshman. Terry Smith, Hopkins uncle, had nine against Maryland in 1990 and Derrick Hamilton had nine against Virginia in 2001.
April 14, 2021
April 3, 2021
March 29, 2021