Feb. 13, 2010
MADISON, WI – The 14th-ranked Clemson women’s tennis team took a 6-1 decision from host school Wisconsin in the consolation rounds of the ITA National team Indoor Championships. The win came less than 12 hours after a six-hour loss at the hands of #7 Southern Cal in the Final 16. Clemson improved to 9-1 on the season while Wisconsin fell to 3-3.
Clemson swept the doubles point, with Estefania Balda and Laurianne Henry won their match at flight three, 9-8.
Henry then opened the singles scoring with a 6-1, 6-1 win at flight five over Hannah Berner, giving Clemson a 2-0 lead. Ninth-ranked Josipa Bek then won at the flight one singles position 6-4, 6-1 over Katya Mirnova.
Badger Jessica Seyferth then defeated #113 Ina Hadziselimovic at flight four to pull Wisconsin to within two at 3-1. However, Nelly Ciolkowski, ranked 61st nationally, took down Aleksandra Markovic, 6-0, 6-2 at flight four, moving to 16-2 in her singles career, and clinching the win for the Tigers.
Estefania Balda then won a three-set match over Alaina Trgovich to give Clemson the 6-1 win.
Clemson returns to action on Sunday against #16 Michigan at 10:00am. Clemson won its last meeting with Michigan, a 2008, 4-3 decision in the second round of the NCAA Tournament. Hadziselimovic, Balda, and Henry all played during that match, which sent Clemson to the Sweet 16.
#14 Clemson 6, Wisconsin 1
February 13, 2010 – Madison, WI
ITA National Team Indoors - Consolation Rounds
Doubles (CLEM wins doubles point)
1. Hadziselimovic/Wong (CU) def. Markovic/Chupa (WIS), 8-4
2. Bek/Ciolkowski (CU) def. Berner/Saltarelli (WIS), 8-2
3. Balda/Henry (CU) def. Mirnova/Seyferth (WIS), 9-8
Order of finish: 2,1,3
1. #9 Josipa Bek (CU) def. Katya Mirnova (WIS), 6-4, 6-1
2. Keri Wong (CU) def. Angela Chupa(WIS), 6-2, 6-1
3. Jessica Seyferth (WIS) def. #113 Ina Hadziselimovic (CU), 6-2, 6-3
4. #61 Nelly Ciolkowski (CU) def. Alexsandra Markovic (WIS), 6-0, 6-2
5. Laurianne Henry (CU) def. Leyla Hannah Berner (WIS), 6-1, 6-1
6. Estefania Balda (CU) def. Alaina Trgovich, 5-7, 6-1, 1-0 (14-12)
Order of finish: 5,1,3,4*,2,6
February 28, 2021
February 27, 2021
February 26, 2021