Oct. 8, 2011
Recap | Final Stats | Quotes | Photo Gallery 1 | Photo Gallery 2
Clemson Team Notes * Clemson outscored Boston College 17-0 in the first quarter of today’s game. That is the largest point differential in a quarter since last season when Clemson outscored Presbyterian by 21 points in the first and second quarters.
* Clemson is now 65-20-3 on Homecoming, including 35-4-2 since 1972.
* Clemson is bowl eligible on October 8, the earliest the Tigers have been bowl eligible on the calendar since 2000 when Clemson won its sixth game on October 7.
* Clemson is now 6-0 for just the ninth time in school history and the first time since 2000 when the Tigers started 8-0. Clemson is also 3-0 in the ACC for the first time since 2000 when the Tigers started 5-0.
* Clemson is now 3-0 in redemption home games (defeat a team at Clemson it lost to on the road the previous season) this season and 20-7 in redemption home games since 1999.
* Clemson has now scored at least 35 points in five of the six games this season. That is the most games with at least 35 points since 2009 when Clemson scored 35 points or more six times.
* Nine different Clemson players caught a pass in today’s game. That is the most since last season when 10 different Tigers caught a pass against Presbyterian.
* Clemson totaled exactly 500 yards of total offense in today’s game. That is the most yards of total offense against an ACC opponent since 2007 when the Tigers had 608 yards of total offense at N.C. State. It is the second game of at least 500 yards this year. The Tigers had 624 in the win over Auburn on September 17.
* Clemson is now 55-0-1 in its history when gaining at least 500 yards of total offense.
Clemson Player Notes * With the win today, Tajh Boyd now has six consecutive wins as a starter to start his career. He is now tied with Mike Eppley for the Clemson record for consecutive wins as a starting quarterback to start a career.
* Boyd entered today’s game leading the nation in third-down completions for a first down with 27. He added two more in today’s game giving him 29 for the season.
* Boyd threw his 15th touchdown pass of the season today. In just six games, that is already the sixth most touchdown passes in a season by a Clemson quarterback. The record is 27 by Cullen Harper in 13 games in 2007.
* Boyd scored the fourth rushing touchdown of his career on a career-long-tying 14-yard run in the first quarter. Boyd finished the game completing 16 of 26 passes for 283 yards and one touchdown. He also rushed six times for 37 yards giving him 320 yards of total offense in today’s game. He has had three 300-yard total offense games this year and six straight games of at least 200 yards passing.
* Andre Ellington rushed 22 times for 117 yards and a touchdown in today’s game. That is Ellington’s second 100-yard rushing game this season and the sixth of his career.
* Cole Stoudt finished the game 6-10 passing for 37 yards after Boyd went down with an injury. It was his first appearance since the season opener against Troy.
* Chandler Catanzaro made a career-high five field goals in five attempts in today’s game earning him the Leather Helmet award in a vote by the media. It is the first time since 2009 that a Clemson kicker has made at least four field goals in a game. Ironically, the last time took place when Clemson played Boston College at Memorial Stadium in 2009. Richard Jackson went 6-6 against the Eagles to lead Clemson to a 25-7 victory. Jackson won the Leather Helmet Award that day. Clemson kickers have now made 11-11 field goals against the Eagles in Death Valley over the last two games.
* Catanzaro also made a 42-yard field goal in the second quarter and 47-yard in the third quarter making him 5-6 on field goals of at least 40 yards this season. He is also now 11-15 from 40+ yards in his career.
* Sammy Watkins caught seven passes for 152 yards in today’s game. Watkins now has 38 receptions on the season and has at least seven receptions in four of the six games this season. Watkins has 623 receiving yards in six games. He is just 61 yards off the Clemson freshman receiving yardage record of 684 by Derrick Hamilton in 2001.
* Watkins now has three receiving games of at least 140 yards this season. He is now in second place in Clemson history in terms of CAREER 140-yard receiving games. Yes, just six games into his career. Perry Tuttle had four in his career between 1978-81. Watkins is second with three, 152 today, 155 against Auburn and 141 against Florida State.
* Dwayne Allen had four receptions for 49 yards in today’s game. He has now had at least four catches in each of the last four games. Today also gave him 65 receptions in his Clemson career, one more than Bennie Cunningham had for the Tigers between 1973-75.
* Jonathon “Tig” Willard led the Tiger defense today with nine tackles, including a tackle for loss. Corico Hawkins added eight tackles and a one half tackle for loss.
* Malliciah Goodman, Andre Branch and Kourtnei Brown all recorded sacks for Clemson today. Goodman also recorded three tackles for loss and forced a fumble in today’s game. It was a career high in terms of tackles for loss for Goodman.
June 14, 2021
June 2, 2021
May 27, 2021
May 18, 2021