Oct. 14, 2000
* Clemson cornerback Alex Ardley tied a school single game record with three interceptions in tonight’s game. He is the fourth player in Clemson history to record three interceptions in a game, the first since 1995. The others to do it are Brian Dawkins, vs. Duke in 1995, Leomont Evans vs. NC State in 1995 and Kit Jackson vs. Wake Forest in 1965.
* This was the second time this year a Tiger had three takeaways in a game. Brian Mance had three takeaways against Missouri earlier this year (2 interceptions and 1 fumble recovery).
* Travis Zachery had two more touchdowns tonight, giving him 34 for his career. He became Clemson’s career record for total touchdowns this evening, breaking the record of 32 by Lester Brown from 1976-79.
* Woody Dantzler had two rushing touchdowns tonight and now has 12 for the season. That is the highest total in Clemson history for a quarterback in a single season. The previous record was 10 by Steve Fuller in 1978.
* Dantzler also set a Clemson single season record for touchdown responsibility this evening. He now has 21 for the season (in seven games), breaking the previous mark of 19 set by Mark Fellers in 1974.
* Rod Gardner had a career high 148 receiving yards in tonight’s game on five catches. He went over the 2000-yard mark on a 50-yard reception in the fourth period. He now has 2013 career receiving yards and 142 career catches. He is now third in Clemson history in career receptions, trailing only Terry Smith (162) and Perry Tuttle (150).
* Gardner also had 80 kickoff return yards and three rushing yards, giving him 231 all-purpose running yards in the contest, a career high. It was the most all-purpose running yards in a game by a Clemson player under Coach Bowden and most by a Clemson player since Tony Horne had 267 against Florida State in 1997. Overall, it was the 10th highest all-purpose running game in Clemson history.
* The unofficial attendance at tonight’s game was 85,000. The official count will be released later in the season. A crowd of 85,000 would be the third highest in Clemson history.
* Clemson is now 7-0 for just the third time in its history, the first time since the 1981 season.
* Clemson has now beaten Maryland 8 consecutive years overall, 8 straight in games at Death Valley.
* Travis Zachery’s 151 yards rushing were a career high.
* Clemson now has 2072 yards rushing for the season and 1456 yards passing. Clemson is on pace to gain 296 yards rushing and 208 yards a game passing. No Division I team has averaged 300 yards passing and 200 yards a game rushing in the same season since 1973 when Arizona State averaged 310 rushing and 255 passing. The only other Division I team in history to average 300 a game rushing and 200 a game passing is Houston in 1968. That team averaged 361 rushing and 200.3 passing.
* Tommy Bowden’s 1998 Tulane team ranked as the only team in the nation to average 300 passing and 200 rushing in the same season.
* Woodrow Dantzler now has 819 yards rushing and 1271 passing for the season. He is averaging 117 a game on the ground and 181.6 a game through the air. He is on pace for 1287 yards rushing and 1997 yards passing for an 11-game season.
* Keith Adams had a tackle for loss tonight, giving him 19 straight games with a tackle for loss, already a Clemson record.
* Clemson now has seven straight games of at least 30 points and 450 yards of total offense. Clemson’s low total offense game of the season is against The Citadel in the season opener.
April 18, 2019
April 16, 2019
April 13, 2019
April 12, 2019