Clemson University, working with law enforcement officials, has implemented a Clear Bag Policy at Memorial Stadium since the 2016 football season. While we encourage fans to not bring any type of bags, outlined below is what will be permissible to carry into the stadium should a bag be necessary:
• Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12.” (Official Clemson Tigers logo clear plastic tote bags are available at local retail stores), or
• One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
• Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand (no larger than 4.5” x 6.5”), with or without a handle or strap can be taken into the stadium.
• An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
• All season ticket holders will receive one approved clear plastic tote per account.
• Fans will still be able to continue their normal tailgating activity on campus.
• Patrons will still be able to carry other items into the stadium such as binoculars, cameras, and smart phones, but their carrying cases will NOT be allowed.
• Stadium cushions and seatbacks are still permitted. Seatbacks and cushions with arms or any pockets will not be permitted.
• Working media will continue to enter the stadium thought Gate 16 where they will be subject to screening and bag inspections in the same manner as past seasons.
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: artificial noisemakers, backpacks, non-clear bags or purses, banners/flags/flag poles, coolers, outside food or beverage, umbrellas, weapons of any kind, or any bag larger than the permissible size.
January 18, 2022