March 7, 2010
CLEMSON, SC – Tenth-ranked Clemson moved to 13-3 and 2-1 in the ACC with a 5-2 win over #13 Florida State on Sunday. The Tigers have won nine in a row over the Seminoles, who fall to 5-6 and 0-1 in the ACC. Clemson won the doubles point, and then won the first three singles matches to clinch the match with flights one, two, and five still out on the court.
The Tigers have won four out of their last five matches, all against top-25 opponents. They will be off until Mar. 16 in a neutral match against Columbia in Boca Raton, FL.
Clemson took the 1-0 lead, using wins at flights one and two to win the doubles point. #14 Ina Hadziselimovic won 8-1 over Rybakova and Suess to give the Tigers the advantage. McCreless and Sucupira evened the doubles point with an 8-2 win over Caroline Magnusson and Estefania Balda.
At the same time, Laurianne Henry broke serve to take a 6-4 lead at flight two, and then broke again up 7-5 to take the 8-5 win and the first point for the Tigers.
Balda came out of the break hot, winning 6-1, 6-1 at flight six over Federica Suess to give Clemson the 2-0 lead. Hadziselimovic followed close behind with a 6-3, 6-1 win over #115 Katie Rybakova at flight three.
Freshman Nelly Ciolkowski won her 20th match of the year with her 6-2, 6-3 win against Amy Sargeant at flight four. She now boasts a 20-4 overall record, and 13-3 in dual match play.
Jessica Sucupira got Florida State on the board at flight five with a 6-0, 6-3 win over Laurianne Henry.
Keri Wong, ranked 58th in the nation, then defeated Francesca Segarelli at flight two for a 5-1 Clemson lead. Wong is 13-3 in the dual match season.
#46 Jessica McCreless closed out #24 Josipa Bek at flight one to give FSU their second point.
Clemson is now off until Mar. 16, and will return home Mar. 27 and 28 against NC State and Wake Forest.
#10 Clemson #13 Florida State
March 7, 2010 – Clemson, SC
1. #14 Bek/Hadziselimovic (CU) def. Rybakova/Suess (FSU), 8-1
2. Wong/Henry (CU) def. Scharle/Segarelli (FSU), 8-5
3. McCreless/Sucupira (FSU) def. Balda/Magnusson (CU), 8-2
Order of finish: 1,3,2*
1. #46 Jessica McCreless (FSU) def. #24 Josipa Bek (CU), 7-6(3), 6-2
2. #58 Keri Wong (CU) v. Francesca Segarelli (FSU), 6-4, 6-4
3. Ina Hadziselimovic (CU) def. #115 Katie Rybakova (FSU), 6-3, 6-1
4. #68 Nelly Ciolkowski (CU) v. Amy Sargeant (FSU), 6-2, 6-3
5. Jessica Sucupira (FSU) def. Laurianne Henry (CU), 6-0, 6-3
6. Estefania Balda (CU) def. Federica Suess (FSU), 6-1, 6-1
Order of Finish: 6,3,4*,5,2,1
July 29, 2019
July 25, 2019
July 19, 2019
May 22, 2019