CLEMSON (2-0) vs. TEXAS SOUTHERN (0-2)
Date: Thursday, November 19
Tipoff: 7 p.m.
Arena: Bon Secours Wellness Arena (14,897)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
Web: ESPN3 (Pete Yanity-pbp; Nate Ross-color)
• Clemson will play its third home game in six days to start the season on Thursday, before leaving Saturday for Las Vegas and the MGM Grand Main Event, which is set for November 23 and 25.
• Thursday’s game is the first ever between Clemson and Texas Southern.
• Clemson held its first two opponents to 45 points or less. It is the first time the Tigers have done that in consecutive games since Jan. 12 and 15, 2013.
Click HERE and type in the promo code ‘THURSDAY’ to access discounted tickets for Thursday’s game against Texas Southern. General admission tickets are $5 and reserved seats are $8.
• Thursday’s game is the second round of the Men Who Speak Up Main Event, the regular season tournament the Tigers are part of in Las Vegas, Nev. The Tigers previously won the opening game of the event, 78-45 over UTSA.
• Clemson follows next week in the heavyweight division of the event at the MGM Grand in Vegas, by playing UMass (Nov. 23) and either Creighton or Rutgers (Nov. 25).
• Clemson will face a Texas Southern team coached by Mike Davis, former Indiana and UAB coach. The Tigers defeated Davis’ Blazers team in the 2011 NCAA Tournament in Brad Brownell’s first season.
• Donte Grantham set career highs last time out against UTSA for points (22), field goals (7) and three-pointers (5).
• As a team, Clemson has made 20 threes and shot 42 percent from behind the arc over the first pair of games.
• The Tiger program is now 33-2 all-time when holding opponents to 50 points or less under Brownell.
February 22, 2019
February 20, 2019
February 18, 2019
February 16, 2019