CLEMSON (8-6, 1-1 ACC) vs. SYRACUSE (10-5, 0-2 ACC)
Date: Tuesday, January 5
Tipoff: 8 p.m. ET
Arena: Carrier Dome (35,446)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Philip Sikes-color)
TV: ACC Network (Wes Durham-pbp; Dan Bonner-color)
• Clemson notched its first ACC win of the season on January 2 with an 84-75 triumph over Florida State; it broke the Seminoles’ three-game winning streak as the road team in the series.
• The Tigers’ 84 points were the most in an ACC win since Clemson scored 87 against Georgia Tech on Jan. 8, 2011.
• Syracuse is looking for its first ACC win of the season, after dropping road contests to ranked foes in Pittsburgh and Miami.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson leads 3-1
Streak: Clemson won the most recent meeting
• Clemson faces interim head coach Mike Hopkins, while Hall of Fame coach Jim Boeheim serves the final game of his nine-game suspension Tuesday.
• The Tigers knocked off Boeheim’s Orange last season in Littlejohn Coliseum, 66-53. Donte Grantham posted 16 points in the win.
• This is Clemson’s second trip to Syracuse. The Tigers played in the Carrier Dome in 2013-14, falling by a score of 57-44.
• Jordan Roper set a career-high with seven made three-point goals Saturday in the win over Florida State. His mark tied Andre Young (2012 vs. Georgia Tech) for the most threes by a Clemson player under Brad Brownell.
• Sidy Djitte set a career high with 14 points against Florida State, including an 8-10 clip at the free throw line. Djitte, a 48 percent career free throw shooter entering last week, made 15-18 in the Tigers’ first two ACC games.
• Landry Nnoko posted four blocked shots in the win over Florida State, and needs just three to pass Sharrod Ford and K.J. McDaniels for seventh place in Clemson’s career records.
February 20, 2019
February 18, 2019
February 16, 2019
February 15, 2019