Match Information vs. Virginia Tech:Who: Clemson (5-3, 1-0 ACC) at Virginia Tech (6-0, 0-0 ACC)When: Saturday, Feb. 24, 1 p.m.Where: Burrows-Burleson Tennis Center, Blacksburg, Va.Live Scoring & Video: http://www.hokiesports.com/wtennis/live/
– The Tigers (5-3, 1-0 ACC) are coming off an exciting double-header last Sunday, Feb. 18, when they upset No. 11 Wake Forest 4-3 and defeated UT-Chattanooga 6-1 at the AU Tennis Center in Anderson, S.C.
– Clemson moved into the ITA team rankings, at No. 27 nationally, for the first time this season earlier this week when the polls were released on Feb. 20.
– Junior Fernanda Navarro earned ACC Player of the Week honors for her performances against the Demon Deacons and the Mocs. Navarro clinched the win over Wake Forest with a three-set upset over 80th-ranked Eliza Omirou at No. 2 singles.
– Navarro and teammate and fellow junior Marie-Alexandre Leduc earned an upset at No. 1 doubles against the Demon Deacons, defeating their 34th-ranked opponents 7-5 to clinch the team doubles point in the match.
– Leduc is currently ranked 21st in the nation in singles. She has a 3-2 record and has played all five of her dual matches at the No. 1 singles position.
– Senior Daniela Ruiz has a 4-2 record in dual matches and a 1-0 mark in ACC matches so far this season.
– In doubles play, Ruiz and sophomore Sydney Riley are 2-0 after winning against Wake Forest and UT-Chattanooga at No. 3 last Sunday, the first time the two have been paired together this season.
SINGLESMarie-Alexandre Leduc (Clemson) – 21stNatalie Novotna (Virginia Tech) – 61st
July 26, 2021
July 9, 2021
June 22, 2021
May 28, 2021