A building without the right people is just a place. The people give it meaning. Internally and externally, we’re taking an inclusive approach to understand the market, ramping up internal staffing, and executing key external partnerships in highly-specialized areas.
The Tiger Paw is one of the most recognizable brands on the planet, and Clemson’s commitment to digital and creative media have long been a differentiator. College Avenue Creative is a multi-pronged in-house agency that finds the balance between customized problem-solving, creative execution, and storytelling to bring attention to high-value areas and initiatives of the athletic department.
This new restructuring allows the Creative Solutions department to increase efficiency and develop depth in working alongside student-athletes and coaches while we best tell the Clemson story. Clemson Athletics has been a leader in the digital and social media space for a decade, and this innovation in college athletics positions Clemson stay ahead of the curve.
Clemson has additional vital partnerships in several areas to accelerate quickly for all student-athletes.
Arthur M. Spiro Institute for Entrepreneurial Leadership
- The Spiro Institute is a thriving unit on campus with academic research and service programs that incorporate students and faculty from all colleges on campus. The Institute assists the campus community in programming like How to Start a Start-Up and the Venture Accelerator.
Altius Sports Partners
- Clemson University Athletics has entered a partnership with Altius Sports Partners (Altius) to enhance the school’s name, image and likeness program through continuing strategic planning, evaluating and developing departmental initiatives, and providing wide-ranging educational support benefitting all internal and external Tigers stakeholders.
- The Collegiate Licensing Company is a Clemson partner that manages the use of Clemson’s official marks for commercial use. CLC COMPASS serves as the NIL reporting platform for student-athletes.
- Fanatics is one of the world’s largest apparel creators and distributors, and a key player in current and future NIL activity.
- OneTeam Partners is a one-of-a-kind solution helping athletes maximize the value of their name, image, and likeness rights. OneTeam specializes in group licensing, marketing, media, and investing.
- Clemson has partnered with Opendorse since 2016 to provide all student-athletes 24/7 access to tens of thousands of digital assets to assist them in building their brand. Additionally, Opendorse provides social media value assessments to all student-athletes. Clemson distributed more than 100,000 pieces of content to student-athletes last year, and is on pace to easily surpass that number in 2022.