2018-19 Basketball News
• Clemson will look for its second consecutive victory over Florida State and just its ninth all time in Tallahassee.
• The Tigers’ last victory on the road against Florida State was a 62-56 victory on Feb. 4, 2015.
• Brad Brownell earned his 160th career victory at Clemson with a 72-60 win over Georgia Tech – he is currently just 17 shy of tying Cliff Ellis for the most in program history (177).
• Marcquise Reed moved into 29th on the all-time scoring list following a career-high 30-point performance on Jan. 16 against Georgia Tech. Reed now has 1,158 points in his Clemson career.
• It marked the first 30-point game by a Tiger since Gabe DeVoe scored 31 against Kansas in the Sweet 16 (March 23, 2018). It was the first 30-point game in Littlejohn Coliseum since K.J. McDaniels against Georgia State on March 19, 2014.
• Reed became the 37th player in program history to record a 30-point game and it was the 106th occurrance in program history.
• Reed is just five 20-point performances shy (21) of reaching Clemson’s all-time top 10 of such games.
• Shelton Mitchell dished out a season-high eight assists while also committing zero turnovers. It tied Mitchell’s high for assists with zero turnovers. He also posted eight assists with zero turnovers against Syracuse on Feb. 7, 2017.
• Mitchell is the active Clemson leader in assists and has 276 in his 79 game Tiger career. He leads the Tigers this season with 54 dimes (3.2 assists/game).
2019-20 Signing Class
• Brad Brownell announced the signing of three student-athletes for the 2019-20 season: Al-Amir Dawes, Chase Hunter and Alex Hemenway. To view the release in its entirety, click HERE.
• Each of Al-Amir Dawes, Chase Hunter and Alex Hemenway all earned McDonald’s All-American nominations in their respective states.
• All three earned recognition on a list that includes over 800 men and women basketball nominees.
• Dawes is one of eight nominees from the state of New Jersey. He is averaging 16.0 points per game this season for The Patrick School.
• Hunter was recently named WSBTV-2 Sports Zone Athlete of the Week after scoring a season-high 26 points for Westlake against Newman.
• Hemenway is the all-time leading scorer for Castle High School after scoring 28 points to get to 1,450 career points.
• He then scored 40 points against Henderson County. He averages 26.5 points per game this season.
2018-19 CLEMSON BASKETBALL MEDIA GUIDE
PREVIOUS GAME RECAP: Clemson 72, Georgia Tech 60
CLICK HERE FOR LATEST EPISODES
CLICK HERE TO VIEW