• Clemson won Saturday on a tip-in by Josh Smith with 0.5 seconds remaining in the game, breaking a 57-57 tie late against Wake Forest.
• It was Clemson’s first game-winner inside the final second since Sharrod Ford scored on a dunk at the buzzer in 2005 vs. Virginia Tech.
• The Tigers won their third ACC game of the season, and all three have been on consecutive Saturday afternoons.
• Clemson’s win was its fifth straight at home in the series against Wake Forest, all under Brad Brownell.
• Clemson committed just seven turnovers, its lowest total since the season opener (5) against Florida A&M.
• The Tigers improved to 5-1 this season when winning the turnover margin.
• Clemson had eight blocked shots Saturday, its highest total against an ACC team this season.
• Rod Hall moved to 10th in Clemson history for career assists. With five in Saturday’s game, the senior now has 355 for his career, passing Chris Whitney for 10th.
• Hall committed no turnovers Saturday, a first against an ACC team this season.
• Landry Nnoko moved to 10th in Clemson history for career blocked shots. With four in Saturday’s win, the junior now has 115, passing Glen McCants for 10th.
• Donte Grantham led the Tigers in scoring for the second straight Saturday win; the freshman posted 13 points, along with seven rebounds in 30 minutes.
• Jordan Roper produced double figures for the second time this season, and first since the season opener against Florida A&M.
• Josh Smith pulled down eight rebounds Saturday, none more important than the final that set up the game-winning putback with 0.5 left.
• Smith’s eight rebounds were a career high.
May 25, 2023
May 9, 2023
May 2, 2023
April 13, 2023