Feb. 21, 2003
Game 23: Clemson vs. Florida State Tipoff: 12:05 Noon Site: Littlejohn Coliseum (10,500) City: Clemson, SC TV: Fox SportsNet South Mike Hogewood, Play-by-Play, Phil Ford, Color Radio: Clemson Tiger Sports Properties (Jim Phillips, Tim Bourret)
Series Notes Overall: Florida State leads 22-16 At Clemson: Clemson leads 9-7 at Littlejohn: Clemson leads 7-6 at neutral: Clemson leads 4-3 This Year: FSU 60, Clemson 59 Jan. 21 at Tallahassee Streak: FSU has won 2 in row FSU has won 7 of 10 Last Year: FSU won at FSU 68-63 CU won @ Clemson, 87-78 FSU won in ACC Trn 91-84
Complete Game Notes in PDF FormatDownload Free Acrobat Reader
* Clemson guard Edward Scott became the ninth player in ACC history to reach 1000 points, 500 assists and 400 rebounds in a career when he had eight rebounds at Virginia. That gave him 403 for his career. He scored 32 points in that game, his season high and the second highest total of his career. His career best is 36 against Florida State, last year in a game at Clemson. Scott has scored 78 points over the last three games. He has had at least 20 points in three consecutive games for the first time in his career.
* Clemson is coming off back to back ACC victories for the first time since last year when the Tigers defeated Georgia Tech and Virginia to open the ACC schedule. Clemson will be looking for its third straight ACC regular season win today, something the Tigers have not done since winning the first five games of the 1996-97 season. Clemson did defeat three straight ACC teams in1997-98, but one of the wins was in the ACC tournament. A win today would give Clemson three straight league wins in the month of February for the first time since 1990.
* Senior Tomas Nagys has scored in double figures in consecutive games for the first time in his career. He had 11 points in the win over Virginia and had 15 in the victory over North Carolina. He was 3-3 from the field and 8-8 from the line in that win.
* When Clemson defeated Virginia in Charlottesville earlier this week it was just the fourth time in the last 25 years that Clemson has defeated the Cavs in Charlottesville.
* Clemson has 14 overall wins this season, already eclipsing the total of 13 they had last year. Clemson has four ACC wins to equal Clemson’s league total last year. Clemson still has five ACC games remaining.
* Florida State won the first meeting between the two teams earlier this year, 60-59. Anthony Richardson made two free throws with 0.4 seconds left to win the game. Richardson and Clemson freshman guard Shawan Robinson played on the same high school team (Leesville Road) in Raleigh, NC.
* Clemson has four ACC wins this year and three have been by three points or less. This is the first time since the 1988-89 season that Clemson has won three ACC games by three points or less in the same season.
* Clemson has held the opposition to 37.7 percent field goal shooting over the last four games. Clemson held Duke (.339) and Virginia (.344) to season low field goal percentages.
* Clemson continues to lead the ACC in field goal percentage. Clemson has connected on .463 for the season.
July 15, 2021
July 1, 2021
June 28, 2021
May 28, 2021