Feb. 8, 2003
Game 19: Clemson vs. Duke Tipoff: 6:30 PM Site: Cameron Indoor Stadium City: Durham, NC TV: Fox SportsNet Radio: Clemson Tiger Sports Properties (Jim Phillips, Tim Bourret) Duke Rankings: (9th in AP, ESPN-Coaches)
SERIES NOTES Overall: Duke leads 92-27 In Durham: Duke leads 51-4 at Cameron: Duke leads 48-4 at Clemson: Duke leads 33-20 at Neutral: Duke leads 8-3 Last CU Win: 86-82 at Clemson, 1997 Last CU Win at Duke: 75-70 in 1994-95 Earlier in ’03 Duke 89-71, 1-5-03 Streak: Duke has won last 14 overall the last 7 at Cameron
Complete Game Notes in PDF FormatDownload Free Acrobat Reader
* Edward Scott will make his 99th career start when the Tigers face Duke in Cameron Indoor Stadium. That means his 100th will come next Wednesday when Clemson plays at Columbia, SC against South Carolina. Columbia is just a few dribbles from Eastover, Scott’s hometown.
* The contest on Sunday night at Duke will feature the ACC’s top two players in terms of assist/turnover ratio. Duke guard Chris Duhon leads the conference in that category with a 2.63 figure, while Clemson’s Edward Scott has a 2.39 figure.
* Clemson freshman Shawan Robinson has made 53.4 percent of his shots from the field and 83.3 percent from the line. No Clemson freshman has shot over 50 percent from the field and 70 percent from the line since Elden Campbell did it in 1986-87. He is shooting 53.6 percent from the field in ACC games this year.
* Clemson ended its four-game losing streak with a 69-67 victory over Georgia Tech. It marked the second time this year Clemson has won an ACC game by two points or less. The last time Clemson won two ACC games by two points or less in the same season was 1989-90, the year Clemson won the regular season ACC championship.
* Clemson is 12-6 overall, 10-0 in non-conference action. Clemson will attempt to close out its non- conference ledger with a perfect 11-0 record when the Tigers travel to South Carolina on Feb. 12. Clemson has not had a perfect non-conference record in the regular season since 1995-96 (10-0). Clemson has had a perfect record in that area just four seasons in history, all between 1986-87 and 1995-96.
* Clemson continues to lead the ACC in field goal percent, a position the Tigers have held all season. Clemson has shot at least 50 percent from the field in seven games this season and has a .475 mark overall for the 18 games.
* Chris Hobbs has made 15 of his last 19 free throws after starting the year shooting 48 percent from the line for his first 12 games.
* Clemson averaged 17.3 turnovers per game over its four-game losing streak, then had just 12 turnovers in the win over Georgia Tech. Clemson held the Yellow Jackets to 2-15 three-point shooting. NC State had made 14-31 in the previous game against the Tigers, a Wolfpack victory.
* Clemson has not won at Duke since the 1994-95 season, a 75-70 Clemson victory. Duke was ranked ninth in the AP poll heading into that game, the same ranking the Blue Devils have heading into Sunday’s game at Cameron Indoor Stadium.
July 30, 2021
July 28, 2021
July 15, 2021
July 1, 2021