Match Information vs. NC State:
Who: No. 46 NC State Wolfpack (9-10, 2-4 ACC) at Clemson Tigers (8-9, 1-5 ACC)
When: Friday, March 30, 12 p.m.
Where: Halton-Wagner Tennis Complex at UNC Charlotte (8820 Phillips Road, Charlotte, NC 28262)
Match Information vs. Notre Dame:
Who: Notre Dame Fighting Irish (10-6, 2-4 ACC) at Clemson Tigers (8-9, 1-5 ACC)
When: Sunday, April 1, 12 p.m.
Where: AU Tennis Center, Anderson, SC
Live Stats: ClemsonTigers.com
Social: @ClemsonWTennis on Twitter & Instagram
– The Tigers (8-9, 1-5 ACC) have had a one-week break from competition, after defeating Yale 4-0 and falling to No. 25 UCF 4-3 in a double header at the USTA National Campus in Lake Nona, Fla. on Wednesday, March 21.
– Against Yale, Clemson won the doubles point, and Laura Marti, Daniela Ruiz and Fernanda Navarro won their singles matches to clinch the victory. Against UCF, the Tigers again won the doubles point, and Navarro and Marie-Alexandre Leduc picked up singles victories.
– Clemson has won the doubles point in 11 of its 17 matches on the season. The Tigers have a 7-4 record in those 11 matches.
– Junior Marie-Alexandre Leduc is ranked 21st in the nation in singles. She has a 16-7 overall record, and a 7-4 record in dual matches. She has played all 11 of her dual matches at No. 1 singles, and has seven wins over nationally-ranked opponents on the season.
– Leduc and fellow junior Fernanda Navarro are ranked 34th nationally in doubles. The pair is 17-5 overall, 9-2 in dual matches and 4-0 in ACC dual matches, and has currently won seven matches in a row.
– Leduc and Navarro moved up 26 spots from the March 6 doubles poll, when they entered the rankings for the first time at No. 60.
– Navarro was named ACC Player of the Week on Feb. 20, for her performances the week of Feb. 12-18. She was undefeated in singles and doubles play in two matches, and she clinched the Tigers’ 4-3 upset over 11th-ranked Wake Forest on Feb. 18.
– Senior Daniela Ruiz was named a recipient of the ACC’s Weaver-James-Corrigan Postgraduate Scholarship as announced by the conference office on Feb. 28. Ruiz will graduate from Clemson in May 2018 with a degree in Industrial Engineering, and has already begun taking classes toward earning a master’s degree in that field.
NC State – 46th
Marie-Alexandre Leduc (Clemson) – 21st
Anna Rogers (NC State) – 65th
Claudia Wiktorin (NC State) – 107th
Anna Rogers & Claudia Wiktorin (NC State) – 18th
Marie-Alexandre Leduc & Fernanda Navarro (Clemson) – 34th
August 8, 2018
August 2, 2018
June 25, 2018
May 25, 2018