March 29, 2000
ATLANTA — The 33rd ranked Clemson men’s tennis team lost 4-3 to Georgia Tech on Wednesday afternoon at the Bill Moore Tennis Center in Atlanta. In the last match of the day, Georgia Tech’s Roger Anderson defeated Clemson’s Brad Emendorfer in a third set tie breaker to clinch the win for the Yellow Jackets. Clemson’s Josh Goffi and Tomasz Boniecki playing in the number one and two positions respectiveley picked up the only two singles victories for the Tigers. With the win, Goffi pushed his record to 18-9 on the year and 1-1 in the ACC. Boniecki improved to 21-5 and 3-0 in the ACC.
Clemson won two of the three doubles matches to win the point. Clemson’s 11th ranked team of Goffi and Darren Knight defeated Coirault and Bibby 8-6 while playing in the number-one position. Clemson’s other doubles win was registered in the number-three position by Eric Cohn and Sandon Barth against David Wright and Roger Anderson by a score of 8-3.
With the loss Clemson fell to 12-12 overall and 2-1 in the ACC. Georgia Tech improved to 9-7 and 2-2 in the ACC. Clemson’s next match will be at home on Saturday April 1 against Wake Forest at 2:00 p.m.
1. Josh Goffi (CU) d. Sergio Aguirre (GT) 6-3, 7-6 (3)
2. Tomasz Boniecki (CU) d. Jason Jeong (GT) 6-3, 7-5
3. Roger Anderson (GT) d. Brad Emendorfer (CU) 5-7, 6-3, 7-6 (5)
4. David Wright (GT) d. Luis Garcia (CU) 3-6, 6-4, 6-4
5. Robert Wright (GT) d. Micah Thompson (CU) 6-4, 6-4
6. Romain Coirault (GT) d. Marko Gojanovic (CU) 6-4, 2-6, 7-6 (4)
1. Darren Knight/Goffi (CU) d. Coirault/ Bibby (GT) 8-6
2. Aguirre/ Wright (GT) d. Gojanovic/Boniecki (CU) 9-7
3. Eric Cohn/ Sandon Barth (CU) d. D. Wright/ Anderson (GT) 8-3
October 30, 2018
October 18, 2018
October 4, 2018
October 3, 2018