No. 20/20 CLEMSON (17-4, 6-3 ACC) vs. No. 19/17 NORTH CAROLINA (16-6, 5-3 ACC)
Date: Tuesday, Jan. 30
Tipoff: 7:01 p.m. ET
Arena: Littlejohn Coliseum (9,000)
Radio: CTN (Don Munson-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ESPN (Rece Davis-pbp; Jay Bilas-color; Gene Wojciechowski-sideline)
• Clemson trails the all-time series to North Carolina 20-132.
• The Tigers are 16-39 all-time in Clemson against the Tar Heels.
• Clemson’s last victory over UNC came in a 83-64 win on Jan. 13, 2010.
• The Tigers lost 87-79 earlier this season in Chapel Hill.
• Gabe DeVoe led the Tigers to a two-point victory at Georgia Tech with a career-high 25 points on a career-best 10 made field goals.
• Marcquise Reed tallied a career-best 11 assists in the win at Georgia Tech.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson is 20-132 all-time against North Carolina.
Streak: The Tar Heels have won 10-straight in the series.
• Clemson comes into the week ranked for the fifth consecutive week in the AP Top 25 poll (No. 20). Clemson is also ranked in the USA Today Coaches Poll at No. 20
• Clemson’s RPI checks in at fifth nationally.
• Marcquise Reed posted a career-high 11 assists against Georgia Tech (Jan. 28) – the most by a Tiger since the late Demontez Stitt also posted 11 in a 80-75 home win over Liberty on Dec. 7, 2008.
• Combined with his 13 points, it marks the first double-double with assists since Feb. 7, 2008 when Cliff Hammonds posted 16 points and 11 helpers.
• Reed put together the longest free throw streak of the season for the Tigers. Reed has now connected on 14 in a row from the Miami game through the Virginia game. (Jan. 13-Jan. 23). It ended with a missed free throw at Georgia Tech (Jan. 30).
• In the latest KenPom rankings, the Tigers are ranked Nos. 17, 11 and 46 in overall, adjusted defensive efficiency (92.0) and adjusted offensive efficiency (112.9).
• Clemson’s resume features five Top 35 Ken Pom wins.
November 13, 2018
November 9, 2018
November 8, 2018