No. 18/17 CLEMSON (16-3, 5-2 ACC) vs. No. 2/2 VIRGINIA (18-1, 7-0 ACC)
Date: Tuesday, Jan. 23
Tipoff: 7:05 p.m. ET
Arena: John Paul Jones Arena (14,593)
Radio: CTN (Don Munson-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: RSN (Tom Werme-pbp; Corey Alexander-color)
• Clemson is 53-73 all-time against Virginia, including a 17-43 mark in Charlottesville.
• The Tigers have lost six in a row in the series.
• The last time Clemson was ranked in the series, however, was a 75-57 victory on March 3, 2009.
• The last time both teams were ranked entering the game, the Tigers won 62-52 on the road on Dec. 7, 1996.
• In the second half of Clemson’s win over Notre Dame (Jan. 20) senior leader Donte Grantham tore his ACL and is out for the season.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson is 53-73 all-time against Virginia.
Streak: The Cavaliers have won six in a row in the series.
• With a 67-58 win over Notre Dame on Jan. 20, the Tigers have now won 200 ACC games in Littlejohn Coliseum.
• Clemson’s record against ACC opponents in Littlejohn now stands at 200-157 (.560).
• Clemson is 4-0 against ACC opponents this season on its home floor.
• Overall, the Tigers are 11-0 at home this season.
• Clemson moved up two spots in the AP Top 25 poll this week (No. 18) – its highest mark in the AP Poll since Jan. 18, 2010 (17th). Clemson is also ranked in the USA Today Coaches Poll at No. 17. Clemson’s RPI checks in at sixth nationally.
• Marcquise Reed has now put together the longest free throw streak of the season for the Tigers. Reed has now connected on 14 in a row from the Miami game through the Notre Dame game. (Jan. 13-Jan. 20).
• In the latest KenPom rankings, the Tigers are ranked Nos. 13, 12 and 33 in overall, adjusted defensive efficiency (92.3) and adjusted offensive efficiency (114.8).
• Clemson’s resume features five Top 40 Ken Pom wins.
August 9, 2018
August 7, 2018
July 30, 2018
July 19, 2018