March 16, 2010
BOCA RATON, FL – The 10th-ranked Clemson women’s tennis team defeated the Columbia Lions, 7-0, on Tuesday night at the USTA Training center in Boca Raton, FL. The Tigers improve to 14-3 on the season, while Columbia falls to 6-7 in 2010.
The Tigers will now be off from competition until March 27 and 28 when they play host to NC State and Wake Forest at the Hoke Sloan Tennis Center.
Clemson overpowered the Lions for most of the match, using its depth to claw for the win. The Tigers swept the doubles point, with Estefania Balda and Laurianne Henry winning at flight three, 8-1, over Christensen and Matache. The 17th-ranked duo of Ina Hadziselimovic won, 8-2 at flight one, to clinch the point. The Freshman tandem of Caroline Magnusson put together an 8-3 win at flight two as well.
Magnusson then won her first career singles dual match at flight six, taking out Natalia Christensen 6-1, 6-0. Nelly Ciolkowski, ranked 73rd nationally, won at flight three over Eliza Matache, 6-0, 6-3 to move to 21-4 on the season.
No. 22 Estefania Balda closed out the match with a 7-5, 6-0 win.
The Tigers will be back in action on March 27 as the play host to NC State. Clemson is off to a 2-1 start in the league.
#10 Clemson 7, Columbia 0
March 16, 2010 – Boca Raton, FL
Doubles: (CLEM wins doubles point)
1. #17 Bek/Hadziselimovic (CLEM) d. Bartnik/Kovacevic(COL), 8-2
2. Ciolkowski/Magnusson (CLEM) d. Donovan/Davis(COL), 8-3
3. Balda/Henry (CLEM) d. Christensen/Matache (COL), 8-1
Order of finish: 3,1,2
1. #22 Josipa Bek (CLEM) d. Nicole Bartnik (COL), 6-1, 6-3
2. Ina Hadziselimovic (CLEM) d. Chelsea Davis (COL), 6-1, 6-2
3. #73 Nelly Ciolkowski (CLEM) d. Eliza Matache (COL), 6-0, 6-3
4. Laurianne Henry (CLEM) d. Katarina Kovacevic(COL), 6-3, 7-5
5. Estefania Balda (CLEM) d. Diana Shapoval (COL), 7-5, 6-0
6. Caroline Magnusson (CLEM) d. Natalia Christensen (COL), 6-1, 6-0
Order of finish: 6,3,1,2,4,5
November 19, 2018
November 15, 2018
November 11, 2018
September 12, 2018