Community Service Request Form
Clemson University Intercollegiate Athletics Promotional Activities: NCAA Bylaw 12.5
NCAA Regulations Governing a Student-Athlete(s) Participation in Institutional, Charitable or Educational Promotions Activities
IMPORTANT: Please read all information listed before submitting this form.
Institutional, Charitable, Educational or Nonprofit Promotions
A member institution or recognized entity thereof (e.g., fraternity, sorority or student government organization), a member conference or a noninstitutional charitable, educational or nonprofit agency may use a student-athlete’s name or appearance to support its charitable or educational activities or to support activities considered incidental to the student-athlete’s participation in intercollegiate athletics, provided the following conditions are met:
1. The student-athlete receives written approval to participate from the director of athletics, subject to the limitations on participants in such activities as set forth in Bylaw 17;
2. The specific activity project in which the student-athlete participates does not involve co-sponsorship, advertisement or promotion by a commercial agency;
3. The student-athlete does not miss class;
4. All moneys derived from the activity or project goes directly to the member institution, member conference, or the charitable, educational or nonprofit agency;
5. The student-athlete may not participate in fund-raising activities that will directly or indirectly benefit prospective student-athletes;
6. The student-athlete may accept legitimate and normal expenses from the member institution, member conference or the charitable, educational or nonprofit agency related to participation in such activity, provided it occurs within the state or, if outside the state, within a 100-mile radius of the member institution’s campus.
7. The student-athlete’s name, picture or appearance is not utilized to promote the commercial ventures of any nonprofit agency;
8. The student-athlete and an authorized representative of the charitable, educational or nonprofit agency sign a release statement ensuring that the student-athlete’s name, image or appearance is used in a manner consistent with the requirements of this section.
The student-athlete may speak at a meeting or banquet, where there are prospective student-athletes, provided he or she does not make a recruiting presentation to the group or an individual.
Activity or Project:
Description of Activity or Project and Duties Performed by Student-Athletes:
Date of Activity:
Location of Activity:
Anticipated Hours at Event:
Contact Phone Number:
Will a commercial agency help promote the activity? Yes No
If yes, please describe:
Will the student-athlete miss class in order to participate in the activity? Yes No
Will all money derived from the project or activity be provided directly to the institution, charity, educational or non-profit agency? Yes No (no charges)
Will the student-athlete receive any compensation? Yes No
September 23, 2018