Feb. 23, 2006
BATON ROUGE, LA — Ryan Young defeated Paul White of LSU 6-2, 6-4 at number four singles and clinching the match as Clemson upset 13th-ranked LSU 4-3 in a men’s intercollegiate tennis match at Baton, Rouge, LA Thursday.
Clemson improves to 11-2 overall, and LSU now falls to 7-3 on the season.
LSU gained an early advantage when they captured the doubles point, besting Clemson on all three courts.
No. 28-ranked doubles pair Danny Bryan and Colt Gaston started LSU off, beating Clemson’s Sander Koning and Clement Reix 8-4 on court No. 2. LSU secured the doubles point with a win from Paul White and James Cluskey, who downed Brette Twente and Kevin Fleck, 8-4, on court three.
With the doubles point clinched, the match on court one went into an automatic tiebreaker. 10th-ranked Mark Growcott and Ken Skupski were tied with Clemson’s duo of Ryan Young, 7-7, but managed to pull out the tiebreaker 7-4 and give LSU the doubles sweep.
In singles, on court three LSU’s Gaston took the first set from Jenkins, 7-6 (4). However, down 3-0 in set two, Gaston was forced to withdraw.
Gaston’s default evened the score at 1-1, but LSU regained the lead when Skupski defeated Koning, 7-5, 6-2, on court one.
Clemson answered with straight set wins on courts two and six, to go up 3-2. Reix of Clemson defeated Growcott 6-4, 6-4 at number two singles and Twente defeated Cluskey 6-2 6-1 at number six singles.
LSU evened the score again with Danny Bryan’s, 6-3, 6-3, win over Clint Boling on court No. 5.
With the match knotted 3-3, the decision came down to the outcome on court four.
Clemson vs. LSU
Feb 23, 2006 at Baton Rouge, La.
Clemson 4, #13 LSU 3
1. #20 Ken Skupski (LSU) def. Sander Koning (CLEM) 7-5, 6-2
2. #100 Clement Reix (CLEM) def. Mark Growcott (LSU) 6-4, 6-4
3. Jarmaine Jenkins (CLEM) def. Colt Gaston (LSU) 6-7 (4-7), 3-0, 99-0
4. Ryan Young (CLEM) def. Paul White (LSU) 6-2, 6-4
5. Danny Bryan (LSU) def. Clint Boling (CLEM) 6-3, 6-3
6. Brette Twente (CLEM) def. James Cluskey (LSU) 6-2, 6-1
1. #17 Mark Growcott/Ken Skupski (LSU) def. Jarmaine Jenkins/Ryan Young (CLEM) 8-7 (7-4)
2. #28 Danny Bryan/Colt Gaston (LSU) def. Sander Koning/Clement Reix (CLEM) 8-4
3. Paul White/James Cluskey (LSU) def. Brette Twente/Kevin Fleck (CLEM) 8-4
July 2, 2018
June 30, 2018
June 27, 2018
June 25, 2018