Game Information vs. Florida State:
Who: No. 11/13 Florida State Seminole (13-1, 1-0 ACC) at Clemson Tigers (10-4, 0-1 ACC)
When: Thursday, Jan. 4 at 7 p.m.
Where: Littlejohn Coliseum, Clemson, S.C.
Watch: ACC Network Extra
Live Stats: ClemsonTigers.com
Follow: Twitter & Instagram: @ClemsonWBB
Clemson Team Notes:
– The Tigers are 10-4 (0-1 ACC) and are coming off of a 66-33 road loss to Georgia Tech in their ACC opener on Dec. 31. Sophomore Kobi Thornton scored 10 points in the game, while freshman Tylar Bennett set a new career-best with nine rebounds.
– Clemson finished nonconference play with a 10-3 record in 2017-18. In the past two seasons, the Tigers have a 21-5 (.808) record in nonconference play (11-2 in 2016-17 and 10-3 in 2017-18). It is the best two-year nonconference record for the program since the 1997-98 and 1998-99 seasons, when Clemson was 23-4 (.852) in two seasons.
– Through 14 games and as of games through Jan. 2, 2018, the Tigers are ranked first in the Atlantic Coast Conference and fifth in the nation in scoring defense (52.2) and field goal percentage defense (33.2%), and first in the conference and fourth in the nation in three-point field goal percentage defense (24.3%).
– The Clemson team ranks second in the ACC and 15th nationally with 81 blocked shots, and second in the league and 17th in the nation with 5.8 blocked shots per game.
Clemson Player Notes:
– Junior Danielle Edwards leads the Tigers in scoring with 10.9 points per game. She also leads the team in steals (42, 3.0 per game) and assists (25, 1.8 per game.)
– Edwards’ 42 steals put her at third among ACC players and 16th among all players nationally. Her steals per game figure is third in the conference and 24th in the nation.
– Edwards is shooting 85.4% from the free throw line (41-for-48), and ranks fourth in the ACC in that category.
– The Tigers have two players in the top 10 in the ACC in blocked shots. Freshman Tylar Bennett (33, 2.4 per game) is third in the ACC, while sophomore Kobi Thornton (23, 1.6 per game) is 10th in the league. Bennett’s numbers place her at 22nd nationally in blocked shots and 27th in blocked shots per game.
– Thornton, an ACC All-Freshman Team selection last season, ranks third on the Clemson team in scoring (8.7 points per game) and leads the Tigers in rebounding (7.1 rebounds per game).
– The Seminoles hold a narrow advantage in the series, with a 28-24 record all-time.
– Florida State won both meetings between the teams in 2016-17, an 86-27 win at Littlejohn Coliseum on Jan. 15 and an 80-47 win in Tallahassee, Fla. on Feb. 18.
November 15, 2018
November 14, 2018
November 11, 2018
November 10, 2018