Match Information vs. No. 4 Georgia
Who: Clemson vs. No. 4 Georgia
When: Saturday, Feb. 3, 4 p.m.
Where: Dan Magill Tennis Complex, Athens, Ga.
Watch/Follow Along: http://georgiadogs.com/sports/2017/6/17/sports-w-tennis-spec-rel-vid-stream-html.aspx
– In their most recent action, the Tigers fell 4-0 to No. 19 South Carolina on Thursday evening in Columbia, S.C.
– Clemson also traveled to Columbia last weekend as part of the ITA Kick-off Weekend and split two matches, defeating the University of Southern California for the first time in program history on Friday and falling to then-ranked No. 25 South Carolina in the championship on Saturday. The Tigers topped the Trojans 4-1 in a come-from-behind victory featuring multiple won tiebreaks in singles, but they lost 1-4 to the Gamecocks despite earning the doubles point.
– Clemson opened the season with two wins on Jan. 20 at the Duckworth Doubleheader, defeating Charleston Southern 7-0 and Appalachian State 4-0. The Tigers were a combined 9-0 in singles play and 5-0 in doubles play and did not lose a single set in the two matches.
– Clemson’s 2018 roster is made up of one senior, three juniors, three sophomores and one freshman.
– Daniela Ruiz is the lone senior on the team, and is the Tigers’ team captain for the second-straight season. Ruiz is 2-1 in dual singles matches at the No. 6 spot in the lineup so far this season.
– Junior Marie-Alexandre Leduc is ranked 20th according to the ITA’s final fall singles rankings, released Nov. 15, 2017. Leduc is a perfect 3-0 in dual singles matches at No. 1 this spring, including a victory over the nation’s No. 35 player, Gabby Smith of Southern Cal, that clinched the Tigers’ win over the Trojans last Friday.
– Sophomore Tate Schroeder and junior Sydney Riley have split time at the No. 2 and 3 singles spots this season. Schroeder has played four dual matches at No. 3 and has a 3-1 record in those matches, including a win over the nation’s No. 85 player, Madison Westby of Southern Cal, last weekend.
– Junior Fernanda Navarro is 2-0 in dual singles matches at No. 4 this season.
– Sophomore Constanza Gorches rounds out the Tigers’ singles lineup at No. 5, and she is 2-2 in her dual matches so far.
– Leduc and Navarro have played at the No. 1 doubles slot for the Tigers this season and have a 2-1 record in dual matches.
– Gorches and Riley make up the No. 2 doubles pair, and though they are 2-2 in dual matches, they boast a win over the nation’s No. 33 pair in South Carolina’s Hadley Berg and Rachel Rohrabacher last weekend in the ITA Kick-Off Championship.
– Schroeder has teamed up with junior Ally Miller-Krasilnikov to form the Tigers’ No. 3 doubles team, and the two are 2-2 in dual matches this season.
Katarina Jokic (Georgia) – 12th
Marie-Alexandre Leduc (Clemson) – 20th
Marta Gonzalez (Georgia) – 51st
Morgao Coppoc (Georgia) – 55th
Eleni Cristofi & Morgan Coppoc (Georgia) – 6th
Katarina Jokic & Mariana Gould (Georgia) – 24th
August 8, 2018
August 2, 2018
June 25, 2018
May 25, 2018