March 15, 2005
CLEMSON, SC–Nathan Thompson won his 18th match of the year and remained undefeated in dual match play in leading Clemson to a 5-2 win over Arizona State in a men’s intercollegiate tennis match played at Clemson, SC Tuesday afternoon.
With the win, Clemson improves to 18-2 overall, while Arizona State falls to 6-4 this season.
Thompson defeated Chris Biro of Arizona State 6-4, 6-4 at number one singles. He is now 18-2 overall and 15-0 in dual match play this season. Thompson also paired with Ryan Young and the Tiger duo defeated the Sun Devils’ Jonathan Kinsella and Andy Colombo 8-3 at number one doubles.
Clemson won four of the six singles matches as Thompson, Sander Koning, Clement Reix and Young won the first four positions repectively. Young defeated Nick Hegarty of Arizona State 6-4, 6-2 at number four singles for his 17th win of the season.
The Tigers will play Army later this evening to complete today’s double header. Clemson will play at Southern Cal on March 19th.
Clemson 5, Arizona State 2
1. Nathan Thompson (CU) d. Chris Biro (ASU) 6-4, 6-4
2. Sander Koning (CU) d. Jonathan Kinsella (ASU) 3-6, 6-2, 6-4
3. Clement Reix (CU) d. Clint Letcher (ASU) 4-6, 6-4, 6-3
4. Ryan Young (CU) d. Nick Hegarty (ASU) 6-4, 6-2
5. Ryan McBride (ASU) d. Brett Twente (CU) 6-1, 6-0
6. Mike Beatty (ASU) d. Clint Boling (CU) 7-5 3-6, 6-3
1. Thompson-Young (CU) d. Kinsella-Andy Colombo (ASU) 8-3
2. Koning-Reix (CU) d. Beatty-Letcher (ASU) 8-1
3. Twente-Ryan Cook (CU) d. McBride-Hegarty (ASU) 9-8
July 2, 2018
June 30, 2018
June 27, 2018
June 25, 2018